I know. It is just mid February. But I have learned a lot this year. I would like to share those lessons with all of you. You don’t have to agree. It is my personal thought about life.
- Be patient. I realise that sometimes I can be really impatient. I hate racing against time. To me, the longer I take to do something, the more incompetent I am as a person. While it can be true in certain cases, I learned that it doesn’t always have to be true. Good things take time. If you want to have a great outcome, you need to be patient. You don’t need to compare yourself with anyone. You are your own enemy. Taking longer time means you are being meticulous and you want to make sure that everything is perfect. Or at least, you don’t do silly mistakes that may bring harm to your work.
- Be kind to yourself. I always have feeling that I am good at nothing. This is not healthy. I can’t be good at everything, but I must be good at something. I do not need approval from people to ascertain that. I have to believe that I always have that something that Allah has bestowed upon me. I have to admit, as well, that like others, I also have weaknesses. The thing that I need to next is to work on the weaknesses and be proud with the strength that I own.
- Be open to criticism. As much as I love to critic others, I have to be open to be critiqued as well. Everyone of us has their own flaws. When people critique your work, accept it with an open heart, and improve accordingly. We live in ecosystem where we should correct each other, in a civilised way, of course. Or else, we would always think that we are perfect that no one can say things about us. I know that at times, certain people can be really hard on you. But I have to take it positively. These comments, regardless how they were being put forward are to make me better.
- Have faith in Allah. Putting this at number 4 doesn’t make it less important. Life has been tough since the last few months. I have been tested in so many aspects. The way we react to these will determine whether we are just a Muslim or we have upgraded ourselves to another level, which a Mukmin. We pray, we fast and we do zakat, but have you become better by doing all these? If not, then, it must be something wrong with your ibadah. Check! Check! Pray to Allah to give you strength. You are own your own. Stop begging, crying, whining. You need yourself to survive, for your loved ones.
- Be thankful. I don’t know why I have to take this long to realise how powerful being thankful can be. To be honest, nothing much has changed since the last few months but I managed to be calm when I thank Allah more. He has been showering me with good wife, daughter and Insha Allah a second born this September. So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny? Be more thankful, Allah will give you more.
I think that should be it for now. I will continue with the second part later.
Thank you for reading. Pray for my success and happiness.